Sunday, July 8, 2007

Pete Dye and I at Whistling Straits

Watching the Sr. Open today at Whistling Straits, I was reminded of my chance encounter with Pete Dye. They were on site working in preparation of the PGA – which was still a couple of years away. Pete said he was trying to figure out where he was going to put all the people. It looks like they did a great job. I feel very fortunate to have had a chance to say hello and how much I liked his work.

I thought the course was mostly excellent – and somewhat over-whelming. I would have loved to see what man-power it took to build all those bunkers. The most memorable vision was climbing over the northern man-made dunes and getting a look a the native farm land – it is quite flat. There was still quite a bit of remnant construction work that was helpful to see.

This picture was taken in front of the 7th green - it was cold and windy. Pete's dog looked like it was having fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Submit a comment and I'll make sure it isn't spam and post it asap. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...