Sunday, March 15, 2009

What kind of problem is there?


Last night at a dinner party I started a golf discussion with a gentleman - he was wearing a Troon North sweater - how could I not. His home course is Sharpstown, a muni in Houston. He plays in a regular foursome. The designated early birds get there at 5:00am so they can get an early tee time on the weekends because it is so busy.

I don't know the business model for the city - I do like Memorial Park quite a bit - but if people show up at your door before you open and you are too busy -- if you aren't successful it isn't the product it is the delivery.

There is a huge problem with the big 3 automakers - but I'll be damned if I don't see a ton of cars on the road. Lots of people driving. Lots of people golfing. Business not so good.

Mabye businesses should focus on why the business has a problem, not the golf.
It is a business problem, not a golf problem.

Pictured above is the first green.

1 comment:

  1. I grew up playing those golf courses. Memorial Park for sure. Sharpstown once I attended Strake Jesuit up the street. Houston has a great junior golf program and at least then the courses were accommodating to younger players. I hope that is still the case.

    ReplyDelete

Submit a comment and I'll make sure it isn't spam and post it asap. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...