Friday, December 21, 2007

Architectural Dislike #6: Golf Stuff

I sure wish there was no stuff on a golf course. There isn't at Wolf Point -- every visible outside element takes me further away from the game. I vividly recall once using a ball washer as a target on one of the finest holes in the world. It helped me hit a great shot but left an aftertaste. It has been a goal to avoid as many visual distractions as possible: grass lines, trash cans, cart paths, irrigation satellites, tee markers, the pump station, rakes and ball washers especially.

2 comments:

  1. I'd even like to see flags on the greens go!

    BTW, I've added your blog to my new list of nearly 200 golf blogs. Let me know if you're aware of any I missed.

    Artful Golf Blogs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Artful.
    I like having a target - it has a big impact on strategy, and I've been working on something unflag like.

    ReplyDelete

Submit a comment and I'll make sure it isn't spam and post it asap. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...