Tuesday, January 27, 2009

False Front

A false front is a forward portion of the green that from the tee looks like green and that the ball can land and stay on the surface, but is too steep to hold a ball.

Don came up short on #12 below the false front.  This hole may have squared the match up. I was down by 4 early. He was hoping to get up and down, but my birdie sure did rattle him for my eventual win 2&1.

Some recent comments on Wolf Point from near and afar:

I remember every single hole and shot at Wolf Point.

Playing WP is a fantastic way to spend a day.
I think very highly of Wolf Point and I am blown away that it was your first solo effort. your client was very lucky to have found you and Don.
Like St. Andrews, it does provide a very strong home field advantage.

The fairway and green shaping is 10 out of 10! Can’t wait to see it.

Don will be at the GIS too.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...