Friday, September 21, 2007

10th fairway

I had hoped to post earlier this week, but it is tough to write more than I already have been – I’ve been updating my brochure, among a few other items – yes I still have a printed brochure in this day and age – I’ve kept it a little smaller to be environmentally friendlier.

So tonight I want to share a picture of the 10th fairway – ripples and all. The further one plays away from the lake the bigger the bumps get near the green – leaving a very tough approach even though it may be only a pitch, it will be tough to get close to the pin.

The stakes are irrigation heads and a few basins. The fairway is 4 rows wide in spots, and only 7 rows long.

2 comments:

  1. Mike, the tenth fairway looks great but I thought that you had mostly sandy and sandy loam soils down there. The picture looks to be a darker more clay type soil. Did you have to add more catch basins on this fairway than the rest of the course because of the tighter soils?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Gary,
    Thank you for the message.
    You'll have to see all the soils in person... :)

    I've been somewhat vague -- the site is clay with some sandy loam spots. We capped the worst soils and didn't do much to the best.

    We tried to minimzed the drainage, and there is quite a bit across the property.

    ReplyDelete

Submit a comment and I'll make sure it isn't spam and post it asap. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...