Sunday, December 16, 2007

Architectural Dislike #4 : Swoopy

I hate swoopy. Swoopy is the term I use for a regular wavey shape. Swoopy fairway lines are often used to create artificial interest in fairways where there is no interest. Or the grassing lines are made swoopy to go around the artificial containment mounding. Greens are made swoopy for the same reasons too, and bunkers while usually a different swoop frequency are still swoop to me. The picture above has all the swoops swooped into one.

There is no swoop at Wolf Point. The interest comes in the form of three dimensional irregular movement - rumples and waves.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Mike,

    Interesting drawing... Could you tell is where it's from?

    D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry D. I can not.
    I did not have anything to do with the routing.
    I don't want to be specific and this was never built so it more than likely will not be recognized.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete

Submit a comment and I'll make sure it isn't spam and post it asap. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...