Thursday, July 26, 2012

From the space race to a cattle ranch.

From the space race to a cattle ranch. The amazing story of a designer who is reshaping the rules. 

The title of this blog is the introduction to a published profile about my past and our current work.  One never knows what a reporter is writing when talking over the phone, but Shaun got pretty close.


"Wolf Point is a fast-running teaser that brings to mind the best that the great old links can conjure up."  

"But the silver lining in this raincloud is that Mike Nuzzo has been unearthed.  A designer who brings a progressive practicality to the table and does so with great success."  


Click this link to read it in its entirety.



2 comments:

  1. Mike,

    Nice read. I've had good success using CAD for golf layout when I was helping Graham Marsh and Tom Watson. At the time we were using Microstation for production and 3D imaging.

    I've pretty much perfected using Sketchup and Pool Studio for golf green complexes and individual golf holes. Have you ever considered this?

    I would like to get back to the golf design and production side of things. Do you or would you consider help with projects?

    Steve Bauer, ASLA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for reading and sharing your experiences Steve. I'm not a fan of your methods. I'm able to keep aerials, all the design data including revisions, irrigation and every other item for the entire course for the entirety of the project. Everything is associative. I appreciate your offer for help, but as my work is efficient and so much of our work is done in the field I will never have a need for someone helping on the office side. Good luck. Cheers

    ReplyDelete

Submit a comment and I'll make sure it isn't spam and post it asap. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...