Saturday, November 8, 2008

Mike and I

My oldest friend came to visit. We've been playing together for years around the country. We caddied together in High School. We were also 2 of 5 Mikes in our 2nd grade class.

Here were some of his thoughts of the course:

• The rolls and waves of the fairways looked awesome. But deceptive, as I thought I’d have some troublesome lies with a second or third shot. But in actuality I can’t recall the ball being very much above or below my feet more than a couple times in several rounds.

• The visual from the tees are very calming, appealing, and natural looking. Tee shots do not feel intimidating and in essence that probably leads to a false sense of security on the tee. (more deception)

• Options near the green were endless and really made me think. Do I bump and run, chip, pitch, flop, putt, putt a hybrid….. After I would hit a greenside shot, the ‘what-ifs’ enter your head.

• There is a certain aura and peacefulness about the course that made me feel very good. And made me feel that at the time, there was no place I’d rather be.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...