Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Happy New Year: First round of 2012

We started off the year strong, playing every day, until the 2nd anyway.  Pictured above is an old friend playing the shortish par 4 16th at Wolf Point Club.  He lost his tee shot in the creek, not taking my advice and keeping the tee ball right of the flag. The fairway slopes will draw the ball towards the creek. He did win the match on 17 unfortunately. 


"Completely original, and more like Scotland than any course I've played in the US." were his comments after the round. 


It was the first time I remember playing in a wind that came from the north-east - a 21 mph wind. It made for some interesting differences: I didn't carry the creek on 4, I birdied 5, I drove the 10th with a 4 wood and Jeff hit the longest tee ball on 17 I've seen yet - even with that crazy swing. 


Happy New Year

No comments:

Post a Comment

Submit a comment and I'll make sure it isn't spam and post it asap. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...